Wow I can hardly contain my excitement! Perhaps you remember my previous blog entry were I
explained ranted about how long it was taking for PSE450R01W2K3021 to become a public hotfix. Well I’ve discovered three things today:
1) My watches configured on the Citrix forum to notify me about new hotfixes isn’t working. 🙁
2) The search engine on my website isn’t working. It took me like a minute and a half to track down my previous blog entry on Limited Release Hotfix 21. Time to hunt down my search engine bugs 🙁
3) Citrix finally released the public version of PSE450R01W2K3021 in the form of PSE450R01W2K3033 (CTX115096). 🙂
There’s some pretty awesome things about this hotfix, such as:
1) They’ve finally made it public. No more worrying about running a limited release hotfix in production. Now I can finally use IM to deploy apps with transforms and not have broken installs due to HRP01.
2) They also incorporated the fix that was plaguing some people that had their IM credentials with a password longer than 13 characters (which was also a broken issue).
3) They finally fixed the issue with transforms with space characters in their names breaking the IM deployment. Seriously folks, this is so huge it’s not even funny. This issue has existed since somewhere around the MetaFrame XP days. Yes, one could make playful banter about how this is the equivalent of Apple placing an ad in the newspaper titled C:\ONGRTLNS.W95when Microsoft finally supported Long File Names, but I won’t go there. I’m just estatic that this issue is finally fixed. Part of me wants to believe that my previous rant on the topic had encouraged Citrix developers to finally squash this bug, but I’m not so naive to think that Citrix developers sit back and take their development ideas from me.
As I said, I’m just estatic that this fix is finally out there and resolves so many issues. Now I’m off to download and test it to see if it delivers as promised.